Thursday, August 24, 2006

I’m just getting older…

My youngest sister was staying over at my place for the past week. Throughout the week I was always busy with my studies and work so I barely spoke to her for long hours but we enjoyed watching TV and movies together while i was stuck to my laptop. Until today! I felt guilty that I only took her out shopping for a school bag yesterday and then dinner with my friends whom she did enjoy because she likes them but still it wasn’t me and her connecting type of outing. So I called her before I finished work and asked her to get dressed and ready to go out for dinner. Passed by, picked her up and started the chitchat. And guess what… I OPENED UP PANDORA’s BOX hehehehehe everything that I missed from her life for the past year was just being gestured screamed shouted acted laughed upon reacted in Chili’s and in front of a crowd of 2 birthday parties heheheheehe YES she didn’t care about the crowd and to be honest neither did I for I enjoyed every bit of these 3 HOURS just listening to her and looking at each detail of her facial and body expressions to see how happy she was telling me all about her adventures. Although she is only 12years old but she really has a LIFE of her own and OMG I was like 18 or more when I started doing what she does now! You should check her website! Yes she has all these images of her guy friends and all her girl friends etc. We (my other sister and me) even found out a couple of months ago that she has a BOYFRIEND! I didn’t dare to ask dad to go out with a group of guys with a group of girls until I was 15 which was my last year of school. I think the boyfriend thing is over for the calls just stopped but the msn is still on, We are still looking for more evidence hehehehehehe. After finishing from Chili’s we went for a drive in the car for her to finish her unending stories which jumped from one topic into the other and then back to the main. So I ended up to know a longgggggggg "summary" hehehe of the adventures of last year in addition to know all about her friends and teachers. Went back home played BINGO for an hour with her then played cards then watched a movie together and that’s when she fell asleep on my lap. I was about to cry when I noticed that she slept. I wanted just to hold her in my arms and start kissing her to tell her how much I enjoyed every moment of the day with her.

She slept like a baby while I just sat there with all these thoughts of the day which lead me into thinking that I am growing older for now a big part of my life is encircled about my job my studies and my small business. So mom is right when she said that I am becoming self-centered and that I am not giving them enough time.

It also made me think that I was growing older for I really felt tired by the end of the day and that I wanted to rest and it hit me that this was what I always told BM that we need to get married before both of us are really old and have no time to bringing up children and running after them and listening to each of their stories etc. Face reality I will be turning 29 in a month or so while he will turn 34 in less than a month. So if we had the chance to hook up then we should have gotten kids immediately for I always told him that I didn’t want my first child to graduate from university and his dad is in his early 60s and mom in late 40s! I like it when kids are close to their parents’ age like me and my mom and dad. Mom is 45 while dad is 50 but at least they saw their first child MOI graduating from school 12 years ago!

Anyway I know that the whole issue here is the age for the birthday thing is coming closer as usual but this year I promised myself that no matter what I am happy at where I am and whatever I am doing for that’s what I killed myself for throughout the past years so this means I deserve to be here even it wasn’t what I EXACTLY wanted.

Just before I close this post, my sister is now a FRIENDS addict too hehehehehe yeah it is running through the family… I got it into all my siblings now except for mom and dad ;) They liked the translated version on MBC2 but still mom and dad aren’t big fans of these programs mom watches them if she’s bored while dad watches them for the good looking girls hehehehehe

Yalla ciao for now need to go tuck my sister in bed.

Yeah I am almost a mother for the day. OKAY OKAY I won’t start nagging now about not being a mother yet, will keep that for a post I was postponing for a while ☺

13 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

So glad you had the chance to spend quality time with your little sister. I missed most of my youngest brother's childhood because I had already left home and live far away. Today I barely know him and it makes me sad. Everyone gets caught up in their own life sometimes--it's completely natural. One has to focus on one's life at some point. But it is always good to make a little time for family whenever possible. Love to you.

9:54 PM, August 24, 2006  
Blogger Unruly Spring said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:47 AM, August 25, 2006  
Blogger Unruly Spring said...

Hellloooooo dear :) Glad to see your blog up and running :) We just came back to Beirut from our "exile trip" in Jordan.

I think it is some phase we go through at some point in our late twenties (or a bit higher in my case!), sometimes we get close to missing out on things, like the tiny details of our close relatives and loved ones.

The good news is that we attend back to them at some point, just like what you did. Hope you give your little sis a treat whenever you can :)

Take care & wish you the best :)

12:54 AM, August 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give the guy a break

1:36 PM, August 25, 2006  
Blogger Khookh said...

anonymous comments are for kids :)

4:22 PM, August 26, 2006  
Blogger nado said...

neyela ekhtek 3layki :)
inshala btdalo majmou3in sawa b a7la eyem ;)

12:07 PM, August 27, 2006  
Blogger Zanzounito said...

I am graduating and my mom is in her 50's and dad is in his 60's..it's not a problem..so don't worry. By the way, our birthdays are near each other, YAY!

5:35 AM, August 28, 2006  
Blogger Epitaph said...

yaaaaaay..well..it's like me and my youngest sister "H",,she's my angel..and she's ten years younger..I love her talk..about school , her friends..her karate training..everything/..I hate myself when I argue with her.,..and then it just ends with a big kiss on her chubby cheeks :D
I do love the post..and lived all the details you mentioned!
I wish you a happy life with your family and sister,,and hope you'd have your little kids round you soon , God willing!
If you can contact me on my e-mail for something important..it's would be kind of you!!my email address is displayed on my profile..waiting for your email soon !!

12:14 AM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger Champ - Love Hound said...

You just experianced a touchy moment, human life is full of such emotions 'n' stuff. God knows alot better than you 'n' me so He already 've thought somethn' good for you, he always has a better plan for us. I'm sure soon you 'll get what you wish for.

*Smiles*

1:48 AM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger Immortal Tulip said...

hihihihihihihihihi.. No I dont think your getting older :) its just that UR BACK to the family :)-" SURPRISE SIS :D "

4:36 PM, September 03, 2006  
Blogger Cliche~ said...

awwwww...this post was so heart-flet and transparent. It gave us a very interesting insight to ur warmth. I teared as I read your post, because it felt like describing the days I used to spend with my sister when I round 12 yrs old. She's 7 years older than me. One thing I can tell you is that no matter how happy you felt with this encounter, it cannot be compared to how she felt. Girls at this age are over the moon when their older - role model figure- sisters pay attention to them. And yes you older siblings never imagine that we grow.. u always think we ll remain forever innocent babies:) but i do agree with u that there is a constant advancement in the generation's progression!

Getting kids or getting married varies from one person to person... u cant write ur fate... or pick ev thing at the perfect time... and shape it to perfect way.....but somehow the way things end up happening appear to be better later on:)...In every path you choose to take, ur always missing on some others, but c'est la vie..can't have it all:)
wow this is long..almost a post! sowwwy
PS: 29 IS NOT OLD

8:55 PM, September 06, 2006  
Blogger Maya said...

I have always wondered how it would be to have a sister...Sounds really fun. Enjoy it!

9:08 PM, September 15, 2006  
Blogger aroundtheclock24_7 said...

Thank you all for your comments. It was a day i would never forget. Best regards to all of you and thank you for sharing your thoughts/feelings :P Bless you all.

1:04 PM, September 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home