Monday, July 03, 2006

Country Alone !

Yes what a weird feeling??? never thought of it that way. But although i was born here and lived my whole life in this country, which i love so much, i was never alone. There was always another member of the family around. But there is always a first time! My Aunt and Uncle's family left 2 lebanon for vacation 2 weeks ago; my sister went to Jordan last Saturday to attend her bestfriend's wedding; and yesterday my parents, 2nd sister and brother left to Lebanon for vacation. So for the first time i am alone in this country!

It made me think of lots of things especially of the fact that if my parents ever decided to go back to Lebanon for good would i stay here alone or would i join them and leave this place??? I've been thinking lately about this too for one of my friends here have been setting me up with a friend of hers in Kuwait. And one of the things i used to avoid her nagging was that i wouldn't leave this country and go live in Kuwait even if my husband lives there! And that's when she asked me what if you got married here and your husband decided to go and settle back in Lebanon or another country after a couple of years what would you do ?? And i was like huh! Why would he want to leave here and go back home? She said "huh ma you just said it "back home"" and then i was speechless with her.

I remember thinking of that option when i was with BM that at some point we have to be living with his parents in Leb for they need to be cared for when his younger brother gets married, which i really never minded but that was because i loved him so much and i would have done anything he wanted! But now i don't know what would i do if anything happens and changes my idea of settling down here for good. WOW! Too many thoughts! Yalla we'll wait and see what happens i might end up in Honolulu hehehehehe or even better THE MALDIVES yeah yeah in my dreams ;)

9 Comments:

Blogger raed said...

or u can join me iza baddik... i'm only 2 planets away ;)

3:35 PM, July 03, 2006  
Blogger aroundtheclock24_7 said...

hehehehehehehe thanx r-aed ;)I'll be honored ;)

3:54 PM, July 03, 2006  
Blogger Zanzounito said...

Oh dear!

My bro. lives in Kuwait, has everything he ever wants and says it is incredidbly boring...

As for mentioning BM, ma tsemeleh badaneh :)

There has to be a glimmer of hope that you will be together..I can tell you really loved him

1:17 PM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger Eve said...

khalas, u dont have a choice, rej3a 3a libnen ya3neh rej3a ;)

3:21 PM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger Muhammad EL-Ashry said...

Hi
Nice post,warm words

10:34 PM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger BeeJ said...

SHES ALIVE!!!!

2:04 AM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger Unruly Spring said...

Well well well.....ma ba3ref what to tell you, bass dayman I should include a quote in my answers (!)...They say that "Home is where the heart is" :)

I liked the flow of thoughts :)

2:43 AM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger Champ - Love Hound said...

Well, now I can hear some weddin' bells. LOL! Is somethin' serious goin' on? if not then lets make it. LOL!

God bless you.....

1:47 AM, July 08, 2006  
Blogger Me said...

Well ... what can I say ... you almost speak my mind... as an expat who's been brought up away from "home" I never imagined what it would be like to actually "live" back home and not only come for vacation... and look at me ... now I'm "back home" and actually "living" here.. and I've adapted el7amdulilah...it's a blessing from Allah... this "adaptation" thing... it really is...plus as you mentioned in your post... you never know where you'll end up !!

As for your thing with BM.. I'm sorry things didn't go as you wished... but "3asa an to7ebo shay2an wa howa sharron lakom".. w Rabena ye3awadek kheir inshAllah... you deserve the best :-)

2:51 PM, July 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home