Friday, April 07, 2006

Music Shop...

Lately as most of you know, I've been on a tight schedule with all the things happening in my business and personal life. As most of my life is running now with different appointments planned ahead before the start of the day, I had an appointment at 10 this morning, which ended in an hour. After finishing at 11 i found myself walking back home and looking at the shops under my parents' house as if i haven't seen them for years although i am there every weekend. Most of the salesmen were new and i didn't recognise most of them. Anyway, i found myself going into the Music Shop to get BM the new Nancy Ajram cassette for i feel her song "See Sayed" is so typical to him and our situation.

I go into the store to find a salesman with a familiar face, so i felt a bit relieved and that youppiiii i still know some of these people. I have bought a couple of cassettes and CDs from him before but never spoke to him or chatted or anything. So i walk into the shop and he comes down the stairs and i say "Stay up there why did you come down i will pick the Nancy cassette and leave don't worry i won't take anything else". He freezes in his place and says "This looks like a beautiful morning if we're starting with you as a first customer" and he heads back up the stairs and literally leaves me alone. i felt shy for what isaid but i giggled quitly then took the Nancy cassette, placed the money on the counter and headed to the door just to hear him saying "Can i come down now PLEASEEEEEEE" so i started laughing while looking at him coming down the stairs with his hands up in the air as if under attack by me and he says a line from Ziad Rahbani's play "Bi Amirkoun Ya Khayee" (your wish is my command) then he said "Wlak lawein?" (Where to?) and to that i said another line for Ziad but from another play "Isteiz, Balki 3am bitwakki3na" (Sir, What if you were just kidding?). At the sound of that he really gets shocked that i am a Ziad's fan for it seems that only Men and Guys should be interested and not girls. From there we started chatting about Ziad, then his mom Feirouz, then back to Ziad, which lead us to Carl Marx, then Lebanon's State and the weird religions, sects, racism, then to life then to personal experiences and believe it or not I left his shop at 1pm. Yes i stayed for 2hrs in that Music shop just standing there chatting with this guy whom i have never spoken to before. It felt so good to talk to someone anonymous for i miss that since 6 years ago. I used to talk to people i donno at all times either through a comment or by helping them to carry or move something, or over the net etc. But since i moved to AbuDhabi i became so lonely and i started hating socializing with others for my time is so packed.

I swear to God that the first thing that hit my mind when i went out of that Music Shop door was "Huh this wasn’t at all scheduled on any of my plans for today!!! And i just loved it. "

I used to be an extra sociable person, for everyone who new me used to say innou i take it from my dad that "Bihky ma3 il tayr il tayer" (I talk to flying birds). But since i started working and started feeling the worth of time and taking all the new responsibilities i seem to have hidden my extra sociable persona and only exposed the welcoming persona. Ya3ni i would be happy to be around the people i know but would feel really lazy to get to know new people.

That incident today made me think for hours in the afternoon, and i really noticed that i will be turning 28 in 6 months from now and i haven't got the chance to add more and more people into my life before this year goes from my life. I am a believer that life should be full of people you know and friends everywhere on earth. During my visit to Egypt i got to meet lots of new people to whom i really consider as friends now not just someone i met on vacation. And to me that's what counts. But if i compare myself to the time where everyday i used to add loads of names to the list of people i got to meet during the day i will find myself ages and ages behind at work! So my new mission added to the list of other missions which have to be done before i turn 28 is "meet MORE new people ;)".

6 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

28 years old...? Such an old lady! Lol...I will be 31 soon but it doesn't seem so to me. I used to think 30 was old. Now I think 75 is old.

5:05 AM, April 07, 2006  
Blogger aroundtheclock24_7 said...

heheheheheh Jane you always raise my spirit hehehehe thanx sweetie wish you all the best ;) and Happy Birthday this way i will be the first to say it to you hehehehhe ;)

Take care and hope all is well with you ;)

1:48 PM, April 09, 2006  
Blogger Cliche~ said...

OOOooooooooh nice!!! ..... these experiences just come out of nowhere...when u least expect them! ..... it was funny enno i was llistening to fairouz as i was reading ur post..so i got this whole "lebanese arsty farsty mood".. and i kinda imagined the shop to be authentic:)

Well all i d say is..if ur that type of person who enjoys the richness of randomness... if u just pass ev day lightheartedly with an open spirit.. i m sure along the way u ll find lots of interesting stuff/ppl.

1:43 AM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger aroundtheclock24_7 said...

Cliche,

Welcome to my blog, hope you're still enjoying your freedom hehehehe ;) As for the guy at the shop we are good friends now. I met him last week and exchanged loads of songs and artwork for various artists, especially Ziad Rahbani & George Wassouf so h eis officialy now a friend ;)

So there goes one thing off the list hehehehehe Wish you have a lovely day full of crazy adventures. By the way i loved the way you quoted your Lebanese Friend especially the accent when she said " Shou beih hayda?" hehehehe it is typical Lebanese.

11:52 AM, April 17, 2006  
Blogger Cliche~ said...

thanks.. i like ur blog

yes i m enjoying my freedom...and hehe my lebanese friend is hilarious... i love it!

sadly thought u ll notice i deleted alot from my blog coz my anonymity has gone down the drain and my sister's friends found me:(

9:16 PM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger aroundtheclock24_7 said...

Cliche,

No worries you can always create a new blog and send us an email with the new address. To let this keep you from blogging ;) Enjoy life. As for your sister's freind ask them to mind their own business in a very SWEET way ;) I know that you have a way to do it ;)

Best wishes and enjoy your day.

12:47 PM, April 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home