Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Shallow Hal ;)

What a feeling!!!

Me and R decided to head for lunch at La Brioche (A bakery/sweet shop and cafe) next to our office to meet a friend and her visiting sister. La Brioche is a couple of minutes walk from were we work so, R and i took a walk from our offices and as usual kept on giggling and chitchatting all the way until we reached there. It didn't hit me that we're going to La Brioche until i reached to open the main door for R to enter. It hit me that i hated going to La Brioche after being offended the last time i visited that cafe. I usually LOVE their sweets but after the last incident a year ago i tended to avoid going to it or to be more precise to go have something to eat IN the cafe rather than taking it for "Take Away".

Just to put you in the picture, a year and 5 months ago i used to weigh 146 Kgs (YES a really obese person), and i used to SOMETIMES only worry about a couple of outings such as the mall (to avoid people's looks and rude comments), theatres or coffe shops (to avoid the embaressment of not finding a chair to fit me to sit on or break it while sitting on these old plastic white chairs etc.). la Brioche was one of the places which made these fears exist. La Brioche use these old style round metal french-like chairs with metal pipe-like armchairs and raised cushions. The first and last time i used these chairs was 3 years ago and i remember the embaressing situation as if it is happenning now while writing this. We were having a department meeting outside the office in La Brioche and i arrived last for i was at the printers. Anyway everyone was seated and i walked in took a chair and tried to sit but it was the most uncomfortable thing ever. Because of the metal armchairs it was like jamming me inside a box with bits of me popping out through the wholes on both sides. I couldn't move i couldn't turn it was as if i am glued to the chair and i was always having the fear of breaking the chair for it was so soft and weak. I spent most of the time putting my weight on my legs rather than my butt. Anyway being the strong person in such situations i dealt with it with laughter and jokes and made fun of the small and tiny chairs and then continued the one hour meeting and then took the decision of never going there again ;)

Now back to yesterday, we went in and my eyes directly spotted the tiny chairs instead of the big variation of mouth watering CHOCOLATE sweets ;) I took one of the chairs and sat in it and OH MY GOD what a FEELING!!! What you do not know too is that i am an 80 Kgs person now ;) Yes i managed to loose 66Kgs in the past year and 5 months ;) So Physically i am half the size of me before and even less ;) I managed to go down in shape more than in weight, therefore leading for a space for someone's leg to fit next to me heheheheheh or even a small kid on that LA BRIOCHE tiny chairs ;)

It felt really really really good. It even made me realise that i haven't thought of these fears since i started loosing the weight. I always said that i will post about the weight loosing process of what happenned and how and when but i never ever thought that i would talk about it from a recent experience ;) i will still write a post soon about the whole loosing weight experience ;)

This post now made me remember all the times i used to ask myself why don't places like chair manifacturers or restaurants or movies or or or etc. take obese people into consideration while planning for a place with different target audience? Fear of breaking chairs and not finding enough space and more has been all related to my Obesity earlier which somehow vanished now. Besides my friends and Bm never ever made me feel uncomfortable in these situations. I always remember that at the beginning Bm never noticed my uncomfortable issue in any of the outings but after being together for a while i think he noticed it and started sitting on the chair and giving me the couch space. He's a fit guy and would fit anywhere in the world (especially in my heart heheheh) as for now i do not worry at all about these issues i have new things to worry about like keeping my weight and reaching my target of 70kgs ;) 10 more kilos to go wish me luck ;)

Anyway just felt really really good and wanted to share it with you ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Congratulations on your terrific weight loss! Your health will thank you for it. I'm glad that you will not have to face the worry of fitting into chairs or facing rude people with their stares and comments. You should feel very good and proud of yourself. Good for you!

12:33 AM, February 08, 2006  
Blogger LouLou said...

ATC,

Wow am really impressed!

Way to go girl.:)

12:35 AM, February 08, 2006  
Blogger Champ - Love Hound said...

Wow, you did a great job, I find many men 'n' women come to me to tell them some spacific diet 'n' exercises to control their weight. you just did a great job. Really Great. Hope you 're enjoyin' yourself. *Smiles*

God bless you....

2:43 AM, February 08, 2006  
Blogger aroundtheclock24_7 said...

Thanx a lot guys ;) Will go into the details of the process soon ;)

10:50 AM, February 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home