Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Mongolian Buffet ;)

We went out yesterday for our department's xmas dinner ;) Yes we have delayed it till yesterday for everyone is back now from their vacations and annual leaves. My supervisor suggested a place in AbuDhabi known as the Royal Orchid. It is a Far East-Food restaurant. My supervisor was telling us all the time to go for the Mongolian Buffet. My closest friend ever R was as usual with us in the outing. She used to work with us in the same department but was transfered into another department 2 years ago, but as you see we still consider her with us ;) All the way to the restaurant we were both nagging about the outing and that it is the last thing we both want to do now with all the things going on with us at work. Anyway we went their and as usual they were all with their hubbies/wives except me and R. I can never introduce BM to my coworkers for we met through one of my coworkers (whom btw still donno about us;) and BM is known by everyone in my department. As for R, she is a divorcee and still not willing to give another guy a chance into her life for she can't imagine falling in love or trusting anyone again. Anyway (seems i am in the mood of details today so this will be the onl post for today or else i will say a lot of things that are better kept for now hehehhee), we started our dinner by preparing the dish we're gonna have and ordering the ready made noodles or rice of your choice. Then we were asked to prepare our dishes. Yes in the Mongolian Buffet you have to prepare your own dish (which most of us did not know before our spervisor rambled about for the past 2 days). They have all kind of raw meat, chicken, and fish with raw vegetables, spices, oils, sauces etc. placed as a buffet.The restaurant have posted 4 papers on top of the buffet each one detailing the recipe of the sauce you would like to use to prepare your dish. I went for the Great Khan Desire sauce which is from (1 spoon Oyster sauce, 1/2 spoon Tiryaki Sauce, 1/2 spoon Soya Sauce, 1 spoon Babeque Sauce, 1/2 spoon sesame sauce, 3 spoons brown sugar, and 2 spoons garlic) hehehehe yes i memorised it for i loved it ;) Well after putting some meat and loads of chicken i added some slices of fresh carrots, green pepper, spring onions, onions, then i proceeded to top them with the above mentioned sauce. We gave the dish we had to the chef and took our number token then went back to find that our sweetcorn w/chicken soup is waiting for us. We started the night with loads of giggles and chitchats and you know these dinner talks ;) Anyway the food arrived and i should tell you that most of us were really wondering if it was worth the trial or not but trust me it is ;) The dish i created yesterday is one of the best dishes i have ever eaten ;) i am deffenitly going there again. Anyway after dinner it was the xmas dinner tradition of the mysterious santa thingy and not secret santa, for this year we decided that we all get silly 10DHS (3$) gifts put them in one big bag then each of us would pick a gift. I got my supervisor's gift which was 2 "Mind your language" VCDs Volume2 & Volume3, while for my surprise he got my gift which was a junior artist coloring set of pastels, crayons, and chalk. The funny thing about it is that my supervisor finds nothing to put in my annual assessment as my future development but "Progress Freehand Illustration Skills" so when he got my gift i told him that it will help him in his "Illustration Skills of Airplanes" which he draws everywhere he goes heheheheheheheheh so it was one to one hehehehehe ;) Anyway the night turned out to be really good and we really enjoyed every bit of it ;) I wished if BM was there for i know he would have enjoyed it too, but i am starting to get used to be considered as a loner and being hit on by others and say nothing! It's just frustrating but anyway today i am keeping the good mood ;) heheheehe Smileeeeeeeeeeeee ;)

11 Comments:

Blogger DareDevil said...

nice post :)

5:15 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger aroundtheclock24_7 said...

Thanx DD and welcome to my blog ;)

10:28 AM, January 25, 2006  
Blogger Rain said...

ATC ... finally u posted sth.. your absence has been a bit long , ur last posts (tests) worried me about u..it's not about the results, but that fact that u didn't write anything just posting test results.

get used to be considered as a loner and being hit on by others and say nothing
Ouch! i hope u don't ever get hurt again.

8:20 PM, January 25, 2006  
Blogger aroundtheclock24_7 said...

Rain,

You're such a thoughtful person ;) Thanx for the comment but unfortunatly you are right. I am having lots of things going on in my life as usual but this time it concern others more than it does me. So i still feel as if something different is going to happen soon so i decided not to post about anything until i am ready to discuss it. BM is still around my atmosphere although he is in a different continent on a business trip "Allah yihmeeh" and as usal too he has no idea of what is going on for i don't want to worry him about me while he's out of the country and working so hard too.

Inshallah kheir ya rab. So now you tell me what is going on with you for i haven't seen any more posts about your love ;)

Best wishes for you and others at all time x x x

1:54 AM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger Wonderer said...

I am glad that you enjoyed the outing. Don't worry about the details. It has been a long time since you posted, so ma3lish we can bear with you some details, hehehe.

Welcome back dear,

2:30 AM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger Champ - Love Hound said...

It seems you 've wuite been enjoyin' with your friends. Yeh! Christmas Dinner was quite late though but There is No Late to Joy.

I like Far Eastern food, though i can't take it much coz of my fixed Diet, But I do enjoy it on Sundays. I hope you 're doin' good.

God bless you....

7:24 AM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger aroundtheclock24_7 said...

Wonderer,
Thanx ya wonderer, hope you enjoyed your vacation so are you back or not yet? Salam to all w enjoy your day ;)

BC,
Yes it was quite a night ;) As for you diet i have read that post and was shocked with the intake you have during a day ;) May God bless you at all times ;) Hope you're doing well with your project and training;) Wish you all the best ;)

8:08 PM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger Champ - Love Hound said...

Thankyou. *smiles*

God bless you....

6:20 AM, January 27, 2006  
Blogger a h m a d said...

I am wondering how the Great Khan Desire sauce will taste like! :)

6:44 PM, January 27, 2006  
Blogger LouLou said...

ATC,

Great to read your blog & find good news. So happy that things appear to be going well for you with BM & that you're enjoying your life, Mongolian buffet included. At least you are one person who has carried out my wishes when I asked all of you to write interesting happy stories for me to read when I get back.:)

Yarabi tkooni s3eeda dayman.:)

9:34 PM, January 27, 2006  
Blogger aroundtheclock24_7 said...

Ahmad,
Try the recipe listed in the post and let us know ;) It's really easy ;)

Loulou,
Ahlan wa sahlan bil 3aroosa ;) nawwarti il blog ;) Thabx for your wishes sweetie ;)

4:50 PM, January 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home