Thursday, October 06, 2005

Love u Mom ;)

I've been in the hospital since 7:30 am this morning for mom had to undergo a small operation. Its weird how we usually take our feelings foregranted towards them for we know that they are our parents and that they will never leave us whatever we do. I can't keep on recalling mom's words of "Don't go anywhere please stay next to me" she kept on asking the doctors if i could go in with her into the operation room (i could see dad looking at her and wondering why isn't she asking him to stay with her). Mom is always frightened from any operation. Just the concept of the hospital freaks her out. She made us all memorise her will yesterday and that she wanted to go back and be buried in Lebanon not here in UAE (May God Forbid anything happens although she is aware that it is a simple operation and with loads of benefits for her). Anyway she had her operation around 10:55 am and was out by 12:10 pm. You can imagine my situation during that time. Going through all the prayers i could have learnt throughout my life. I was freezing all the time from the cold especially that i was fasting and had to keep on walking back and forth to keep myself warm. It wasn't until dad came back (he usually tends to disappear during such situations to hide his worrying feelings from us and to cry alone without anyone seeing him; as if his red teary eyes' worrying looks don't give his secret away) that i figured i have been walking back and forth for the past 30 minutes. So he made me sit next to him and we started chatting about lots of things. It's been really a long time since i had quality time with dad for we are always together with my other sisters and brother so it's been a while since we were alone. And guess what we didn't feel the time pass until my mom's doctor (who's a family friend) came out and told us that all is well Elhamdullillah and that mom will take another 15 minutes before she comes out of the OR.

You could see the relief on dad's face when the doctor finished explaining everything and even his tone in talking has changed. Anyway we continued discussing different issues until the nurse came and told us that mom is out.

The first thing mom said when she saw us was dad's name and that's when dad leaned over and kissed her forehead and started assuring her that everything is fine and laughing and teasing her as usual that she came out quickly and had us worried for nothing and you could see mom barely moving her lips to smile and then BANG (that's when i started to cry). I started kissing her hand repeatedly and caressing it which i haven't done since maybe millions of years ago. She started thanking me for staying there and i was calming her with what her doctor told us after the operation.

It took her a while until she regained full consiousness. By then i got a call from the office asking me to move my desk and my things. CAN YOU BELEIVE IT! I have been waiting for this move since last saturday and i've had everything in boxes as you know if you read my earlier posts. I do not work on thursdays and it would take me a drive of 2 hours to reach my office. Besides weekends are always reserved for my parents and family and my love (who hasn't called since morning although he knows the whole situation and it is killing me from the inside). So i called an office colleague and told her my situation. Thank God she was in the office already and said that she will take care of everything and that there was no need for me to go back all the way and then return to mom at night.

Anyway everything was resolved elhamdillah although i am a bit worried about the office but who cares mom is more important. She forced me around 3:30pm to go back home and rest a bit then break my fast and come back at night to take her back home.

So i left her with dad, came back home, ordered some food for iftar, prepared the soup and Jallab and here i am typing this.

Anyway got to go pray and thank God for all his gifts to us and for taking care of Mom.

May God bless all your moms and dads.

take care all :)

x x x

9 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Alf Salama 3aleiha ... we alf 7amdellah 3ala salamet-ha ...isA she's ok now... you made me cry ya benti ... wAllahi my eyes filled with tears... you're right ... we do take our parents for granted.. I felt it when I had to leave them to move back to Egypt and live with my brother a few months ago...felt the difference...

4:04 AM, October 07, 2005  
Blogger aroundtheclock24_7 said...

Thank you ya Me for your sincere feelings ;) She is much better now elhamdulillah ;) I know what you're talking about for i do not live with my parents due to my work's location. That's why i said that weekends are usually reserved for them and my love. I always have that scary feeling of getting married and moving into my husband's house before getting the chance to live with my parents again. Although i think it is crazy but i go really mad when i spend more than the 2 weekend days with the family for i got used on living alone and all the quitness. Besides, when you live alone you tend to take all your decisions on your own but the minute i am back with them again that's it i have to take their permission for every single thing i do especially going out with friends!

Anyway i will talk about this situation in a later post elmuhim now that mom is better thanx God and May God bless all your parents and family ;)

10:20 AM, October 07, 2005  
Blogger Khookh said...

Hi ATC,
the deeepest salam to your to ur mom, may God be by your side during her recovery....wo alf hamdillah 3ala salamah!

head up girl! you're doing well! the best thing to have in life is an appreciation for parents while they are still with us (Allah yib3od il sharr!) take my word on this, and keep cherishing them while they are with you! (i know I have guilt in that respect).

I eagerly await your post on moving out of the house, I have a few things to say about that too!

Yalla hope your fasting is going well, and have a calm and peacefull weekend.
K.

12:55 PM, October 07, 2005  
Blogger aroundtheclock24_7 said...

Khaled that is so sweet of you ;) Thanx a lot for your kind words and raising of my spirit ;) I promise to create that living with/without parents post so soon.

As i said mom is elhamdella fine and all is well. I have been making 3 different kinds of sweets since morning for mom kept on teasing me until she woke me up since 9 am this morning although she knows that we went to bed at 5:30 am hehehhe. So i spent most of the morning with her and dad doing the sweets and teasing mom about the good looking nurses which dad was talking to during her operation hehehehehehe dad would have killed me by 11 am hehehehehehehe but anyway i enjoyed everybit of it.

So yes at a certain stage i did change a bit towards them lately for i am feeling more guilty about being away the more i see them how much they need me to be present "physically" everyday with them.

Thanx a lot anyway for sharing your thoughts and feelings ;)

Allah yihmeekoun kilkoun ;)

1:48 PM, October 07, 2005  
Blogger Wonderer said...

Alf salama 3ala you mum. Al7amdolelah everything is ok now. May God save all our parents.

4:34 PM, October 07, 2005  
Blogger aroundtheclock24_7 said...

Thank you wonderer for your kind wishes ;)

11:14 PM, October 07, 2005  
Blogger Charismatic Soul said...

hey atc, 7amdellah 3ala salemt your mom, and thank god she's much better, rabena ma3aha inshallah and ya rab she'll have a fast recovery.

10:25 AM, October 08, 2005  
Blogger aroundtheclock24_7 said...

CS,

Thanx a lot for kind wishes may God bless you all ;)

12:16 PM, October 08, 2005  
Blogger aroundtheclock24_7 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:16 PM, October 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home